VMC Rehab Fact Sheet
- SCVMC Rehab employs more than 500 people.
- SCVMC Acute Inpatient Rehabilitation is a 72 bed facility with 3 distinct units ensuring that all patients are treated with specialists in their particular condition.
- SCVMC Inpatient Rehab serves more neuro patients than any other Rehab Center on the West Coast.
- With nine Board certified Physiatrists, and one Neuro Critical Care Physician, we have the most comprehensive and experienced rehab medical team in the Western United States
- The only Rehab Center in Northern CA collocated with a Level 1 Trauma Center
- SCVMC is affiliated with Stanford through PMR residency program, and is the largest component of Resident education.
- SCVMC Rehabilitation physicians are adjunct professors at Stanford.
- Over 10,000 patients treated in our 40 years of Rebuilding Lives.
- 535 Inpatient Rehabilitation Patients in 2011
Staff and Program Awards
- Cultural diversity Award, Spinal Cord Injury 2012
- Health Care Heroes, Silicon Valley Business Journal Finalist: Stephen McKenna, MD, Chief, Rehabilitation Trauma Center 2012
- NIDRR TBI model Systems Lifetime Achievement Award, Jeffrey Englander, MD, 2012
- Top 10% UDSMR for patient Functional Independence Improvement (Rehab Center Wide) 2011
- Customer Service Achievements: 89% of our patients and families would recommend our Rehab Center to a loved one. 2011
- American Spinal Cord Injury Association Sam Schmidt Young Investigator Award: James Crew, MD Spinal Cord Injury Chief 2011
- Sheldon Berroll International Lifetime Achievement in the field of Brain Injury Award, Jeffrey Englander, MD 2011